About Me

My photo
i have a thing for foxes, red doors, and new friends. i also love to shop. a lot. i have nothing profound to say...but you should visit anyway (that rhymed!)

Friday, February 3, 2012

buy buy butter

my personality is not an organized one. well, it is more of an organized chaos.

i have a few problems that have been brought to my attention..i'm sorry if this is going to shatter any facades that i was perfect...(btw i said FAKADE once during a speech in college..embarrassing!)

Kelly, our new roomie has some problems too...hers are the exact opposite of mine...she HAS to organize. she can't walk passed a closet and not open, to check and see if it is organized.....

these two personalities...just moved in together..

my husband shares Kelly's desire for organization, but isn't quite as crazy about it (sorry kel).

she has been "helping" me work through my issues....and the two strangest and most profound problems has surfaced.

1. i buy a lot of butter
2. i never throw away a receipt.ever.

these are the strangest two, but here are a few more...:
3. i move things from purse to purse...and never clean out the old one.
4. i save old/used wrapping paper
5. if i was on the show hoarders...my hoarding would be the clothes kind. i cann't throw away that old tank...it is my favorite! even if it is 12 years old and has safety pinned straps....

ok..i know you are curious...lets go back to 1 & 2.

buttalovin: (btw that is a song title..ew)
Everytime i go to the store...to do the major grocery/necessities shopping...i buy a thing of butter. my rational/mind set when buying said butter is , "oh i bet we are out of butter".. what makes this weird? we don't use butter. like ever. if i use butter, it is for baking cookies...which i do maybe like once every 3 mths. i use olive oil for everything else. which i run out of ALL THE TIME. but butter? nope. we are fully stocked.
see?
receipts:
if you have ever heard a mitch hedberg joke regarding a donut purchase...it is my favorite.
I Like this quote I dislike this quote

“I bought a doughnut and they gave me a receipt for the doughtnut... I don't need a receipt for the doughnut. I give you money and you give me the doughnut, end of transaction. We don't need to bring ink and paper into this. I can't imagine a scenario that I would have to prove that I bought a doughnut. To some skeptical friend, 'Don't even act like I didn't get that doughnut, I've got the documentation right here... It's in my file at home. ...Under "D".'”

yeah..well...i need that receipt. i will do absolutely nothing with it. ever. except maybe spit my gum into it. but don't you dare throw that receipt away...not for at least 6 months.
so kelly says to me, "i understand keeping receipts for clothing purchases a week after, or a large purchase...but i cannot imagine a scenario where you will need to prove you bought a pack of gum and some lipgloss from rite aid." (good point)

so..little by little kelly is helping me with my issues. my house looks tidy and put together, but under the surface there are bags of rolled of wrapping paper..in case i come up with something crafty to do...or kelly will throw it away.

there you have it. my confession. that felt good.

3 comments:

  1. admitting is the first step !! you are on your way to freeeedommm (a clutter-free life)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Did u really write this at 441am!? Whoa girl... U r taking the early morning wake up to a new level!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lol love that Mitch Hedberg joke. I have the same problem, which is compounded by the fact that we move so much that I need to keep receipts for almost everything over $20 so we can claim anything broken by the movers, but yeah I don't need EVERY receipt.

    ReplyDelete