About Me

My photo
i have a thing for foxes, red doors, and new friends. i also love to shop. a lot. i have nothing profound to say...but you should visit anyway (that rhymed!)

Tuesday, December 7, 2010

So maybe you are asking...

(this photo courtesy of Nina Mullins Photography)
Why is my world painted yellow? And maybe no one is asking that..because no one reads this except for my sister.. but i'll answer anyways..
I am big on Joy..I have gone through seasons where it wasn't as evident...currently coming out of that season. I have always gravitated towards happy people...I believe that I should never lose my joy..life may have ups and downs..but joy should be a constant.
The Bible talks about how the "Joy of the Lord is our strength" and Psalm 19:8 says,
"The precepts of the LORD are right,
giving joy to the heart.
The commands of the LORD are radiant,
giving light to the eyes."(NIV)
First of all, if the joy of the Lord is our strength...i don't want to live life being weak.. It isn't often that christians look at His commands as being fun, or enJOYable...but they are! When we follow His commands it gives joy to our heart, strength to our bodies, hearts and minds, and light to our eyes. That doesn't sound bad to me! Besides, finding delight in Him, His commands, and His creation...is the way we are supposed to living life. It is easy to get caught up in negative environments...they are all around us. Misery loves company, and people have no problems trying to drag you down with them.
So...all that to explain about yellow. Yellow is a color that when i see it...i just immediately fill uplifted..strange i'm sure. But when you see it...it just pops out. Most people do describe yellow as being happy. Some people say it is the color of anxiety..haha...
But to me it will always represent joy..it represents the sun and warmth..my teapot on my stove, my bright yellow sunflowers i carried down the aisle at my wedding...
So many things in my house have little yellow accents on them.
To sum it all up...I hope to always pursue Him, and His joy..even if i have to paint it yellow :)

No comments:

Post a Comment